If your family has been offered Family Support (might be called Strengthening Families) from Barnardo’s you may be wondering what that means.
The support is for your whole family so a worker will be offering you some time and space to share how things are for you as well as talking with your parents. This would probably happen in your home or wherever was most comfortable for you. The worker is there to help your family change things that may be making life difficult.
This may include
- Problems affecting on school attendance
- If you or anyone in your family has any physical or mental health problems
- If there has been any arguments in your family or relationship problems
- If someone in your family has been involved with the police
- If your parents have had difficulty getting work or have debts or problems with housing
We use a Team Around the Family approach to bring different services together to find out how we can support and work together to find solutions to some of these problems. We find it works best when everyone in the family is involved.